WELCOME

Textile artifacts - not too serious - not too impractical - just for fun - handmade from wool, fiber, fabrics and decorated with - well - whatever.........

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Patchwork Handknit Jumper

Knitting a jumper in random colours and shapes is quite a challenge - one I find creatively inspiring, even though sometimes there is undoing if a colour or gauge isn't right.  This one was made from different yarns, mostly 100% wool, because I wanted the "worn in" woolly look.  Knobbly and flecky yarns, sometimes vintage finds, can help with this.  In parts, two yarns were knitted together to make up the thickness.
There is a little pocket on the left side which I lined with cotton fabric.  Normally, they would have a knitted lining, but I didn't want the bulk, especially at hip level.  I felt the little pocket added to the ' country ' feel of the jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment